This Privacy Information is given by Dante Labs Inc., with registered office at 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, 19958, Delaware (USA), (hereinafter “Dante Labs”) in the capacity of Data Controller, pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter “Regulation”), with the intent to explain to you the purposes and means of processing your personal data whenever you send us a biological sample and contract Dante Labs analysis services (hereinafter “Services”).
Personal data categories
Dante Labs may process the following categories of your personal data:
- A) registration information, such as first and last name, date of birth and contact details for the delivery of the results report (e-mail address);
- B) genetic data, which means data relating to inherited or acquired genetic characteristics which give unique information about your physiology or health and which result, in particular, from the analysis of the biological sample, whenever you require for the examination of a biological sample after buying the test;
Conferring us the aforementioned data is necessary to enable Dante Labs to perform the Services; in case of absence, Dante Labs could not be able to perform the Services.
Purposes and lawful basis for processing personal data
Personal data referred to in letter A) shall be processed in order to perform the Services, pursuant Art. 6(1)(b) of the Regulation and in order to comply with tax and accounting obligations, pursuant Art. 6(1)(c) of the Regulation.
Personal data referred to in letter B) shall be processed in order to pursuit the following purposes:
- i) carry out, upon your explicit consent, the genetic test you required;
- ii) scientific research, upon your explicit and voluntary consent.
Please note that the absence of consent for processing your personal data for the purpose referred to in point i) means that Dante Labs will not be able to perform the Services. Likewise, Dante Labs will not be able to perform the Services whenever you choose to withdraw the consent before the analysis of your sample. However, whenever your consent is withdrawn after the performance of the Services, we will retain your personal data solely to safeguard Dante Labs rights, pursuant Art. 9(2)(f) of the Regulation.
The consent for the purposes of scientific research referred to in point ii), where applicable, can be withdrawn at any time. If you want to withdraw your consent to scientific research, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Means of processing data
Your personal data shall be processed both by manual and electronic means, subjected to the provisions from the Regulation and from the Italian national law, which includes any provisions from the Italian Supervisory Authority for the protection of personal data.
Duration of processing activities and data retention period
Your personal data referred to in letter A) shall be processed for the period required to perform the Services and will be retained for the following 10 years solely to comply with legal obligations and to eventually safeguard Dante Labs rights.
Your personal data referred to in letter B) shall be processed for the period required to perform the Services and will be retained for the following 10 years solely to comply with legal obligations and to eventually safeguard Dante Labs rights. Furthermore, whenever you give us your consent to use your data for scientific research purposes, Dante Labs will process your personal data for as long as they are relevant to the research activities, until your consent is withdrawn.
Third parties categories
Dante Labs can rely on third parties for some types of data processing. In that case, these parties will be nominated Data Processors (Art. 28 of the Regulation) and will receive the proper operative instructions, especially regarding the adoption of appropriate security measures, to guarantee data security and data confidentiality. Data subjects may require to Dante Labs a list of Data Processors writing to email@example.com.
Data transfer to countries outside the European Union
Dante Labs suppliers responsible for the execution of activities related to the Services may transfer your personal data to countries located outside the European Union. The data transfer is regulated by standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission or with due regard for other warranties provided by the Regulation.
Data subjects rights
We inform you that, as data subject, you are entitle to exercise the rights under Articles 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 of the Regulation writing to our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Among other things, you may:
- ask and obtain information about whether or not Dante Labs is holding any of your personal data or whether or not your personal data are being processed and in this case you may have access to them;
- ask and obtain a copy of your personal data that are processed by automated means in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; you can also claim the right to transmit those data to another controller;
- ask and obtain the alteration and/or rectification of your personal data when you consider them to be inaccurate or incomplete;
- ask and obtain the erasure – and/or a processing restriction – of your personal data whenever they are not necessary – or no longer necessary – to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected, hence upon expiry of the retention period.
Please note that you can lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority whenever your personal data are unlawfully processed.
Please be advised that Dante Labs has nominated a Data Protection Officer that you may reach at the following address email@example.com and designated Dante Labs S.r.l., with registered office in Via San Giuseppe 53, 67017, Pizzoli (AQ), Italy, as its representative inside the European Union, pursuant Art. 27 of the Regulation.