Autoimmunity is a complex phenomenon, to which genetic predisposition and potentially triggering environmental factors contribute. While in a limited number of cases the phenomena of autoimmunity are linked to mutations affecting single genes, in the majority of cases the presence of certain genetic variants increases the risk of developing autoimmune/autoinflammatory conditions such as systemic lupus erythematosus or ankylosing spondylitis. When autoimmunity mechanisms are established, there is a loss of immunological tolerance, which will lead the lymphocytes to fight ""self"" antigens, i.e. the body's own, causing damage to the tissues concerned.
This panel is particularly suitable for subjects with signs and symptoms of autoimmune phenomena or for those who, due to familiarity, have an increased risk of incurring conditions of this type.
The analysis takes into consideration the mutation of germline DNA, it investigates SNP and Indel mutations up to 150 bp.
- Available in less than 24 hours
- Based on Whole Genome Sequencing
- More than 100 genes analyzed
- Investigates SNP and Indel mutations up to 150 bp
List of main conditions:
- Autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Common variable immunodeficiency-12 with autoimmunity
Ce produit est uniquement destiné aux clients qui ont déjà acheté un test MyGenome.