Autism spectrum disorder is a set of conditions that cause developmental disabilities, impaired social relationships and communication skills, stereotyped and repetitive behaviors, and attention deficits. The link between genes and autism is still being explored, although predisposing genetic factors have been identified which, acting in synergy with environmental risk factors, can cause the onset of this type of disorder. In a small percentage of cases, autism presents itself in a syndromic form, that is, as one of the possible manifestations of a wider clinical condition, such as, for example, Intellectual Developmental Disorders.
This panel is particularly suitable for subjects presenting the typical manifestations of autism, in order to identify any genetic mutations and choose the most appropriate interventions for each case. Some mutations linked to autism, in fact, can also lead to other pathological manifestations such as seizures.
The analysis takes into consideration the mutation of germline DNA, it investigates SNP and Indel mutations up to 150 bp.
- Available in less than 24 hours
- Based on Whole Genome Sequencing
- More than 25 genes analyzed
- Investigates SNP and Indel mutations up to 150 bp
List of main conditions:
- Autism/Autism spectrum disorder
- Autism X-Linked
- Developmental Delay With Or Without Dysmorphic Facies And Autism
- Developmental delay with variable intellectual impairment and behavioral abnormalities
This product is only meant for customers who already purchased a Dante Genome Test