Cardiomyopathies are a group of disorders that affect the heart muscle, leading to abnormal heart function and structure. This panel screens for genetic variants associated with various types of cardiomyopathy, including hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, dilated cardiomyopathy, and arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy. These conditions can cause symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, and heart palpitations, and can lead to complications such as heart failure and sudden cardiac death.
This panel is useful for individuals with a family history of cardiomyopathy or sudden cardiac death, or individuals with symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations. Early diagnosis can inform treatment and management strategies, such as medication, lifestyle changes, or surgical interventions.
The analysis takes into consideration the mutation of germline DNA, it investigates SNP and Indel mutations up to 150 bp.
- Available in less than 24 hours
- Based on Whole Genome Sequencing
- More than 590 genes analyzed
- Investigates SNP and Indel mutations up to 150 bp
List of main conditions:
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Left ventricular noncompaction cardiomyopathy
- Unclassified cardiomyopathy
- Mixed phenotype cardiomyopathy.
This product is only meant for customers who already purchased a Dante Genome Test