Obesity is a complex disease involving excessive amounts of body fat. Obesity is not just a cosmetic concern. It is a medical problem that increases the risk of other diseases and health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and some cancers.
Obesity panel is used to identify genetic variants associated with obesity and related metabolic disorders, such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. This panel tests for genetic variants that are known to affect appetite regulation, energy expenditure, and lipid metabolism.
This panel is designed for individuals who are interested in understanding their genetic risk for obesity and related metabolic disorders. Genetic testing can provide information on disease risk and severity, as well as inform lifestyle modifications and preventative measures. Testing can also provide motivation and guidance for behavior change and weight management strategies.
The analysis takes into consideration the mutation of germline DNA, it investigates SNP and Indel mutations up to 150 bp.
- Available in less than 24 hours
- Based on Whole Genome Sequencing
- More than 45 genes analyzed
- Investigates SNP and Indel mutations up to 150 bp
List of main conditions:
- Obesity due to CEP19 deficiency
- Abdominal Obesity-Metabolic Syndrome
- Obesity due to leptin receptor gene deficiency
- Obesity due to prohormone convertase I deficiency
This product is only meant for customers who already purchased a Dante Genome Test